Following our exclusive report last month, BMW Australia has now confirmed prices and variant details for the monster BMW X7 seven-seater SUV.
As reported, two variants are heading to Australian showrooms, starting with the X7 xDrive30d, with the X7 M50d at the top of the range. Both utilise a 3.0-litre turbo-diesel inline six engine, with the 30d generating 195kW and 620Nm. This provides a 0-100km/h sprint time of 7.0 seconds.
For the M50d is a quad-turbo version of the same engine, unleashing an incredible 294kW and 760Nm. It’s able to cover 0-100km/h in just 5.4 seconds. Fuel consumption figures for both engines are yet to be locked in, but we can probably expect under 8.5L/100km for the M50d and under 7.5L/100km for the 30d.
Both feature xDrive all-wheel drive with variable torque split between the front and rear axle. BMW says it has been set up to offer a rear-biased calibration to support dynamic driving, with the M50d coming equipped with an M Sport rear differential for further dynamics.
Ride quality is ensured with the standard fitment of fully adjustable air suspension at the front and rear axle. It offers ride height adjustment at the touch of a button, allowing the operator to raise or lower the height by 40mm either way.
The X7 comes in as BMW’s first dedicated seven-seat model. In saying that, it’s also the first BMW to be offered with five-zone climate control, with four-zone as standard. Opting for five-zone introduces separate controls for the third row of seats. Yep, climate adjustments way back there, which gives you some idea of the amount of room and accommodation being presented in this position.
There’s also a total of seven USB ports for Type C and Type A, ensuring a charging option for all passengers. As standard, passengers are pampered by an extensive three-part panoramic sunroof, which comes as standard, and the upholstery is provided by Vernasca leather.
Also for the interior is a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, with another 12.3-inch screen for the media systems running BMW Operating Software 7.0. BMW Gesture Control is offered, along with the iDrive controller and touch screen functionality.
Although our initial sources said the price would start at $127,000, it’s actually better than that, starting from $119,900 (before on-road costs). This isn’t a bad price at all for what it is, for Australian prices anyway. See below for the starting prices and highlight standard features of each variant.
2019 BMW X7 xDrive30d – $119,900
2019 BMW X7 M50d – $169,900
Standard equipment for the BMW X7 xDrive30d includes:
- 20-inch light alloy wheels V-spoke style 750 Silver with runflat tyres
- Adaptive 2-axle air suspension
- Soft-close function for doors
- Comfort Access System
- Third-row seats
- Panorama glass sunroof
- Sport seats for driver and front passenger
- Lumbar support, front
- Seat heating, front
- Travel & Comfort system
- Aluminium roof rails and window surrounds
- Driving Assistant Professional, including lane departure warning, lane change
- Parking Assistant Plus including reversing Assistant, lateral parking aid, rear view
- Live Cockpit Professional including 12.3-inch instrument cluster, 12.3-inch BMW operating
- BMW head-up display
- HiFi loudspeaker system with 10 speakers
- Connected Package Professional including Apple CarPlay plus wireless charging
- Adaptive LED headlights
Standard equipment for the BMW X7 M50d includes:
- 22-inch M light alloy wheels V-spoke style 755 M Bicolour Cerium grey, runflat tyres
- BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line
- BMW Individual roof rails high-gloss Shadow Line
- M Aerodynamics package
- M Performance exterior design elements in Cerium grey
- Metallic Paint
- Comfort seats, front
- Upholstery, BMW Individual extended leather trim ‘Merino’
- BMW Individual instrument panel finished in leather
- Interior trim finishers fine-wood trim ‘Fineline’ Black with metal effect high-gloss
- M Leather steering wheel
- BMW Individual headliner Alcantara anthracite
- Automatic air conditioning with 5-zone control
- Heated and cooled cup holder in front centre console
- M Sport Exhaust system
- M Sport differential
- Executive Drive Pro
- Integral Active Steering
- Harman/Kardon Surround Sound system
- BMW Laserlight including BMW Selective Beam
- M Sport brakes